Letter from the Registrar
September 21, 2017
Thank you for inquiring about the Lowell Community Charter Public School (LCCPS). LCCPS is a public school currently enrolling students from Kindergarten I through Eighth grade. LCCPS was established under a Commonwealth Charter in September 2000. LCCPS welcomes any child in Massachusetts although preference is given to Lowell residents and siblings of current students. LCCPS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, sex, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, homelessness status, age, ancestry, athletic performance, special need, proficiency in the English language or a foreign language, or prior academic achievement.
For school year 2018-2019, we are accepting applications for grades K1-8. Applications are due to our office by Friday, February 16, 2018 at 12:00 PM. If there are more applications received than seats available in a grade, a lottery will be held for that grade on Thursday, March 1, 2018 to determine who is offered a seat. See the enrollment policy for additional information.
1. Applicant must be a resident of Massachusetts to apply, to enroll, and to attend a Massachusetts charter school. Applicant must provide two proofs (two) of residency except in the case of homeless status students, who are exempt from these requirements. (See enrollment policy for a complete list)
2. The age threshold for Kindergarten I(KI) is four years old as of September 1st for the year of enrollment.
3. The age threshold for Kindergarten II(K2) is five years old as of September 1st for the year of enrollment.
4. Kindergarten I and Kindergarten II eligibility requires a birth certificate or other government-issued proof of age, such as a passport, I-94, etc.
5. Applicants in grades one through eight must successfully complete the grade prior to the grade for which they seek admission. Applicant eligibility requires a report card or transcript from the previous school or district demonstrating successful completion. Required documents must be turned in by August 15th.
Parents are also encouraged to learn about LCCPS before applying. Feel free to explore our website and register for one of our Information Sessions on Thursday December 7, 2017, Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 5:30 PM, or Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 9:00 AM. Additionally we offer school tour every Tuesday by appointment from 9:00AM-10:00 AM. Contact us at 978-323-0800, or email Francielle Navarro at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment starting Tuesday, November 14, 2017.
1. Complete an application (one for each student). By online application → (Click here to Apply Online) ←
2. Bring completed application to the school (see address below) or
3. Send completed application to email@example.com or
4. Send completed application to:
Lowell Community Charter Public School
206 Jackson Street
Lowell, MA 01852
P. Deborah Motew
Director of Operations